LAG The Valjevo mountains
At the moment of registration for a potential action group, LAG the Valjevo mountains represent stabile public-private-civil partnership in which work take part all the relevant public institutions, associations, and the very big part of individuals. The memorandum of understanding which represents the major document is signed by 21 member which defines LAG, and 20 individuals were participating on its planning. Though the memberships are much higher it can be seen from signed declarations of memberships interesting, in this phase memorandum is not signed by individuals is not known because the future form of organization LAG in Serbia and is not known if it is not be permit a full membership to individuals or only for the organizations. The defined area of potential LAG represents range of Valjevo mountains which area is 530 km2 in this moment and represents the territory of Valjevo mountains on the administrator part of the Valjevo city. The territory of potential LAG contents 32 municipalities, relatively 33 populated places. There are 7,546 habitants on LAG territory.
Based on the vision, SWOT analyzes, qualitatively and quantitatively facts are defined basic aims and priorities by the strategic development of:
Priority 1 - Enhancing the competitiveness of agricultural holdings in the territory of the Valjevo Mountains:
- Strengthening capacities for the population using outer financial sources from Valjevo mountains.
- Formatting and empowerment associations on Valjevo mountain territory.
- Advancement qualities and the standardization of agricultural goods.
- Diversity of rural economy.
Priority 2 - The territory of promoting mountain ranges:
- Branding Valjevo Mountains area
- Protecting the geographical origin for goods from the territory of Valjevo mountains
- Empowerment and promoting the manifestation on Valjevo mountain area
- Revelation the authentic objects
- The partnerships with the other territory and good praxis use
- Building sustainable public touristic infrastructure
Priority 3 - Advancement life quality of the population in Valjevo mountain area:
- Development infrastructure of Valjevo mountains
- Tradition and culture conservation on Valjevo mountain area
- Organization educational and cultural happenings on Valjevo Mountains area
- Inclusion marginalized group of people on Valjevo Mountains area
- Development eco-Entrepreneurships on Valjevo Mountains area
- Protecting life environment on Valjevo Mountains area
- Using advancement sustainable energy powers
In future LAG development exist two parallel species of priorities. One priority refers enlargement on partnerships and networking with the other municipalities, and the second priority is strategic audit according to needs of new partnerships territories. The strategy is need to be fulfilled with projecting ideas and define measures according with present aimes.